Friday, June 7, 2013

Simple and Delicious Applesauce

I don’t know about you, but my family LOVES applesauce.  I have 2 kids who would probably eat applesauce every day of the week.  

When I read the ingredients on the applesauce jar, I noticed added sugar and other unnecessary items.  So, I set out to make my own. 

Homemade applesauce is one of the easiest things to make.  The best part is there is only one ingredient.  











Step 1: Choose your favorite apples.  I love Honey Crisp apples because they are so sweet. However, they are often the most expensive apples so I mix them with Golden Delicious.  You can use as few or as many as you want.

Step 2:  Peel and core your apples.


Step 3: Place apples in big pot, fill with just enough water to cover. 


Step 4: Boil the apples until tender, about 15 min.

Step 5: Remove apples from water and place in a food processor or blender, retaining the water.

Step 6: Blend until smooth

Step 7: If desired sprinkle with Cinnamon and Enjoy!


Wondering why I said to retain the water? Easy, now you have apple juice.  You will probably only have a few cups, which should be enough for everyone to enjoy.  

If you don’t want to drink the apple juice, save it to add to baking or your morning oatmeal. If you aren’t ready to use it right away, freeze it in ice cube trays.

No comments:

Post a Comment